Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Most fun multiplayer games on the Amiga
Teho 16:08 19th October 2007
One that hasn't been mentioned is Twintris, in my opinion one of the best Tetris games made. As the name implies it has two playfields and is designed for head to head play, but plays excellent as a single-player game as well.

About online gameplay, I think it's great that games can be played online. But not at the cost of playing with visiting friends on the same machine. Several recent games have gone that route, Colin McRae Dirt for example has no local multiplayer capability but does have an online mode. It should've had both in my opinion.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:16 19th October 2007
I agree. Multiplayer games should come with LAN and Internet play. It is much more common now for a home to have 2 or more PCs, and with wireless routers now being so popular they are normally networked, so being able to play games over a LAN is more useful now that ever before.

I've not played Twintris for a long time. Another similar game I used to enjoy, that we played a while back for a comp, and is great in multiplayer is the PD game Dr. Mario.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 19:57 22nd October 2007
Originally Posted by :
One that hasn't been mentioned is Twintris, in my opinion one of the best Tetris games made.
Whoo, don't know what to say At the time the game was released I had my first "real" girlfriend (yes, I didn't have sex before 18), and we played a lot of Twintris, and I lost almost every time we played, and that just drove me mad. And nowadays Tetris is still annoying me, I get too aggressive whilst playing
[Reply]
Teho 17:55 25th October 2007
Tetris definitely is one of those games where staying calm, almost going into a meditative trance while playing yields the best result. So definitely not one for aggressive gamers, I agree.
[Reply]
Harrison 18:00 25th October 2007
Very true. It is amazing how focused you become as you play Tetris into the higher levels and the blocks get faster. It's not until you die that you realise how hyped up you have become due to the concentration.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:08 25th October 2007
So have you already seen this guy:

Japan Tetris Finals
[Reply]
Harrison 18:59 25th October 2007
That is mad. How can anyone think and move the shapes that quickly.
[Reply]
Sharingan 21:38 25th October 2007
Some of these people are simply crazy. There was also this Japanese guy who could solve a Rubik's cube puzzle in less than a minute (or, if it was more, it was very quick anyway).
[Reply]
Harrison 21:43 25th October 2007
I saw that rubik's cube guy on the TV the other week. That was mad to watch. I didn't know a human could move his hands that fast! Those Japanese are dedicated, you have to give them that!
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 12:30 27th October 2007
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
So have you already seen this guy:

Japan Tetris Finals

And my g/f used to say I was quick!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up