Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Post your desktop
Sharingan 13:02 15th October 2007
Just wondering how everyone has their desktop set up. Some people like their OS environment tidy, others have trouble finding a spot to place yet another shortcut. What's yours like?

Here's a shot of mine:

Desktop

I'm obsessed with keeping everything as tidy as I possibly can. Before anyone comments why I'm not using Firefox: I couldn't be bothered to find out how to secure yet another browser.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 13:31 15th October 2007
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6459/desk151007ik0.jpg

Normally the image files and the avi file wouldn't be there. I will be moving them as soon as I have finished with them.

I tend to keep all the files that I am using on the desktop and thn move them when I have finished using them, so normally it is just links to programmes on the desktop.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 13:31 15th October 2007
Nice... er... fish

Here's mine on my laptop!

As you can see, I have boring stuff on the left side and all my creative stuff on the right hand side.

My desktop system isn't much different, apart from all the naked ladies on it (all artitstically done, of course)

Note the use of both Firefox and IE7, because I personally prefer IE7, but am trying to get used to FF at the moment.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:00 15th October 2007
There I was clicking Steve's desktop image link, waiting to see some nice Amiga or Mac themed Windows desktop, and what did I see... it was so boring I quickly erased it from my mind! You do know you can use images as a backdrop on your desktop Steve?

Like the dragon v85rawdeal.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 15:15 15th October 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
There I was clicking Steve's desktop image link, waiting to see some nice Amiga or Mac themed Windows desktop, and what did I see... it was so boring I quickly erased it from my mind! You do know you can use images as a backdrop on your desktop Steve?

Like the dragon v85rawdeal.

Until the other day, I had a background picture which said AmigaOS4 on it (can't remember where I got it from).
[Reply]
Puni/Void 17:33 15th October 2007
I think you got some wallpapers from me a while ago. I think I remember uploading a bunch to the FTP or something.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:10 16th October 2007
Here is my current desktop. I've been using this background for a while now. I made it from the concept art for a forthcoming Star Wars game.

As you can see I like to keep it nearly empty. I tend to put files on there while I'm working on them, and then move them to another HD once I'm finished so the desktop is never cluttered. I hate having program icons on there too, and instead add the ones I use the most into the quick launch bar, and the rest of the ones I use regularly to the left-hand side of the start menu.

Did you also know that the more icons you have on the desktop, the longer the system will take to load. This is because the system needs to check the links of each shortcut before continuing to load Windows.

And here is the desktop from my server, Yuna.

I will take a screenshot from my other systems when I get chance.

[Reply]
my_lo 13:58 21st June 2008
Beautiful star wars wallpaper, Harrison

Here is my desk as it is now, all the icons are modified with the tango shell patcher to look more gnomish...

Clean:

Dirty:

[Reply]
Harrison 09:59 23rd June 2008
I've not seen that tango shell patcher. Definitely makes Windows look for Linux like. Shame about the OSX style launchbar!
[Reply]
my_lo 13:23 23rd June 2008
Here is the link to the tango patcher. It works very well and manages all icons through the whole xp thing...

For the launcher, it's not OSX style, it's the same as my lower bar in ubuntu when all is removed and transparency set to the max. I love to have the same desk on my linux and my windows partitions
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up