Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thread: Post your desktop
woody.cool 20:43 5th February 2009
Another one too, my Acer Aspire A110 Netbook

woody.cool's netbook

It's a shame it comes with such a restrictive Linux distro ..... might stick Ubuntu on it!
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 21:07 5th February 2009
That quite resmebles Windows 3.1
[Reply]
woody.cool 21:12 5th February 2009
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
I never thought of that ...... but now you've mentioned it, I can see the resembalence

I'm definately gonna put Ubuntu on this thing though ...... it'll be less restrictive.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 21:41 5th February 2009
Just got myself a new laptop, as my other one is looking kinda worse for wear.

THe new wallpaper is kinda nice on it too.

I don't like to clutter up the desktop with lots of icons so most of them are hidden in the start menu.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 21:49 5th February 2009
Originally Posted by woody.cool:
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
I never thought of that ...... but now you've mentioned it, I can see the resembalence

I'm definately gonna put Ubuntu on this thing though ...... it'll be less restrictive.
I'd say the only main difference between the two is the search box at the top. The world seems to have gone mad over search facilities since Windows 3.1.

Is it possible to add or remove the 4 big boxes if you wanted something different on the screen?

I've never used a NetBook but two people in my class have them (I think they are of the eeeeeeeeeeeeee variety).
[Reply]
my_lo 08:27 20th April 2009
I was doing some sightseeing in Oblivion lately and i found 2 very beautiful landscapes, they remind me of Star Trek somehow. I could almost see Voyager leaving the planet, far in the sky...
I made 2 screenshots of it and i am using one as wallpaper at the moment. I thouhgt some of you would enjoy them

[Reply]
woody.cool 19:24 29th May 2009
I know this hasn't been contributed to for some time, so thought I'd post my A3000's desktop

I know it's a tad basic .... but it's about the limit of what Workbench 2.1 can do (other than customising the fonts etc.)
[Reply]
Cortona 20:00 29th May 2009
Mine is basic. I happen to think OS X 10.3 has the nicest OS X wallpaper, but 10.3 is so old now that other Mac users shun me and nobody writes software for it now!
Attached: desktop.jpg (59.6 KB)
[Reply]
Harrison 04:42 30th May 2009
So you can't use some OSX software on older versions such as your 10.3 version? Hmm... another reason to dislike the OS.
[Reply]
Harrison 04:47 30th May 2009
Originally Posted by woody.cool:
I know this hasn't been contributed to for some time, so thought I'd post my A3000's desktop

I know it's a tad basic .... but it's about the limit of what Workbench 2.1 can do (other than customising the fonts etc.)
You can do quite a bit more than that with WB 2.1. You can add a small tiled background to save memory, but greatly improve the look over the standard grey for one. And also change the icons. Or maybe the copper effect that classicWB has to give a nice gradient background to the whole thing. My A600 at the moment has a pretty standard looking classicWB installation, but I used to have a more customised one that looked quite nice. And you have 14MB of ram from the looks of it, so shouldn't have issues with ram when using additional things like icons or background images.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Up