Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Aga games for standard A1200
Tiago 14:08 9th October 2007
Hi,

can anyone list 2 or 3 games for AGA that can run on a Standart A1200 (no aditional ram or cdrom)?

I got my A1200 last month but i didnt try any Aga Games, witch ones should i try?
[Reply]
Harrison 14:48 9th October 2007
There are a lot of AGA games that will run perfectly well on an unexpanded A1200.

You could do a search on classicamiga for AGA games and find them all.

Here are some I like:

Arcade Pool
Alien Breed: Tower Assault
Banshee AGA
Brutal Sports Football AGA
Bubble and Squeak
Civilization AGA
Colonization
Capital Punishment
The Chaos Engine AGA
The Chaos Engine 2 AGA
Diggers
Dreamweb AGA
Exile AGA
Gaurdian AGA
Jungle Strike AGA
Jetstrike AGA
Gunship 2000
Impossibe Mission 2025
Legends
Liberation
Napalm
Nigel Mansell's World Championship
No Second Prize
Overkill
Pinball Fantasies AGA
Pinball Illusions
Road Kill
Simon the Sorcerer AGA
Skeleton Krew AGA
Super Skidmarks
Super Stardust
Slamtilt
The Speris Legacy
Total Carnage
Theme Park AGA
UFO: Enemy Unknown AGA
Uridium 2
Virocop AGA
Worms AGA
XP8 AGA
Zool 2 AGA

And with an HD and some fast ram I highly recommend Star Trek: 25th Anniversary, Gloom, Fears, Breathless, Alien Breed 3D 1 and 2, and Sim City 2000 AGA.

I think that's a big enough list to keep you going
[Reply]
Tiago 15:57 9th October 2007
Yes, great!
thanks Master.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:32 9th October 2007
Wasted Dreams is also a great game, I think that one also exists in AGA.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:43 9th October 2007
Except you can't play that without an expanded A1200 as it needs 3MB of ram (2mb chip + 1MB fast) and an HD to save games. So I didn't include it. I also missed out many other games for that reason. If you get an accelerator and some fast rame Tiago, then you will have access to even more great games.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 20:45 14th October 2007
I second most of the recommendations on Harrison's list. Plenty of good games there to try.

If you are into Solitaire, there's always Klondike AGA, a PD game. It beats the crap out of the ones that are included in Windows, so if you are bored one day, give it shot. In this game, you can also add new cardets, and these can probably be found on Aminet.
[Reply]
Harrison 21:19 14th October 2007
Klondike is a great PD game. I used to play that a lot.
[Reply]
Ghost 01:33 15th October 2007
Dammit, I still need to run Wasted Dreams, Napalm, and Codename Hellsquad one of these days.

BTW, I really didn't know there was a hard disk for the Amiga.
How big was it?
[Reply]
Tiago 08:44 15th October 2007
Originally Posted by Ghost:
Dammit, I still need to run Wasted Dreams, Napalm, and Codename Hellsquad one of these days.

How big was it?

Hard Disk? My A1200 had a 200MB but i change to a 5GB, but only make the format at 4GB, it can't go for more...
[Reply]
Harrison 10:47 15th October 2007
Originally Posted by Ghost:
How big was it?
You didn't realise Amiga's could use harddrives? All models from the A500 up have been able to. The A500 with side bus expansions such as those from GVP, all big box Amigas with SCSI zorro cards, and IDE in the A600, 1200 and 4000.

Any drives can be made to work, but as Tiago mentioned the Workbench file system limits you to a maximum of 4GB total HD size. But you can go beyond that by either using a different third party file system, or a newer version of Workbench such as 3.9 which has the support built in.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up