Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Planet F1 forum - stupid issues!
Bloodwych 11:41 2nd October 2007
As I've mentioned before, I'm a motor sport fan and after the weekends F1 race I felt like holding a discussion and replying to some posts over at the website planet f1.

Well, I tried to register and had my registration declined. So I tried again, and some mod once again declined my registration. My frustration grew, as I've never had my registration declined at any other forum before in my life!

The email asked me to contact p-f1mod@hotmail.com if I needed to know why my registration was declined. So I did:

Originally Posted by :
Hello.

I've been a regular visitor to your forums for many years now and finally decided to join the community as I have done with many other forums around the internet.

This is the first time I've ever had an account declined. Can you please explain the reason?

My internet service provider is Virgin media which uses a proxy server so are you reading the incorrect IP address and banning a large number of virgin media customers unwittingly? All virgin customers have similar IPs, but if you send the correct request to the virgin servers the customers unique IP address is reported, as shown by countless websites and the famous firewall test site shields up!

I can't really think why else you have declined my account? Like I said above, your site is the only one out of the countless others I've joined that's declined my registration. What makes your site different?

Thanks for your help.
Ok, a little abrupt but I was getting frustrated. Then as I clicked send, the server rejected my email! GGGRRRAAARRRHHHGGGGGGGGGGG! Stupid planet F1!
[Reply]
Submeg 11:54 2nd October 2007
that is all I have to say
[Reply]
Tiago 12:03 2nd October 2007
Bloodwych, just ignore does guys, i also had problems with then some time ago.

I usually go to:
www.formula1.com
www.f1racing.net
www.pitpass.com

i think those 3 are the best F1 sites.
The first one is the official one so news could be a little bit more "prepared/elaborated"
the
the other 2 sites, are quite good, and have lots of good information.

if you never tryed before, go to formula1.com during a F1 race and click the live timming, it's fantastic, you get real time for all cars. You have total lap times for each drivers, and also partial times for each driver/car, thru this feature you can really see who is doing what, and all the times, who is in pits, time in pits, fuel added in pits, everything...it's really cool. I allways what F1 on TV with www.formula1.com (live timing) on the laptop. It really is a big difference, in TV you dont allways know how is in what position, and what time separates 2 drivers, with live timing you know everything!
[Reply]
Harrison 12:22 2nd October 2007
What domain was the email from you were trying to register with and email them using? If it was a webmail email address such as hotmail, yahoo or google then they might reject it. I have the main classicamiga site setup to automatically reject some including hotmail email accounts. This is because many spam bots use such accounts to register false registrations.
[Reply]
Bloodwych 12:32 2nd October 2007
Submeg, the guns are coming out, I tell the!

Tiago, thanks for the suggestions! I sometimes follow the live timings on the eurosport site, but I'll definitely give those links a try.

Harrision, it was just a normal ntlworld/virgin email address that's registered with my ISP. It wasn't automatically rejected either - it had to be verified by a mod, who decided to reject it twice.

I still think they're banning a proxy IP addresses used by virgin and not requesting or displaying the unique users IP address. If so, loads of people can't register if one person using the same proxy has been bad! Or they think I'm a previous user who is covering up my true identity using a proxy, which is also rubbish - I can't disable virgins default proxy system.

Most frustrating thing is not being able to contact them. I'm going with Tiago - if they are that silly in handling registrations, then I'm done with them.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:37 2nd October 2007
I agree with that too. If they are being that difficult over the registration process then what must the mods be like on their forums? Probably on par with GameFAQs!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up