Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Planet F1 forum - stupid issues!
Bloodwych 19:07 4th October 2007
WOW! GREAT vids!

That race between Massa and Kubica was totally brilliant. We need a sprinkler system at every F1 track from now on!

That was a dodgy line by Hamilton, then to slow right down too. Vettel has no excuse however - he admitted he was looking right before hitting Webber! We ordinary folk would get the blame for looking right and not watching the car in front at a junction.

I agree with Webber - he was sandwiched between two kids and got caught out by some bad driving!
[Reply]
Harrison 00:16 5th October 2007
Watching that video, Hamilton first seemed to get very close to the safety car going into the bend and quickly slowed down, moving off to the side. To me it looks like he couldn't see the safely car properly, got too close before realising how close he was, and took avoiding action, moving to the side and braking. This caught the cars behind him by surprise, and when Webber realised he was overtaking Hamilton he braked and Vettel went into him. A series of events that are just an accident.
[Reply]
StuKeith 17:01 5th October 2007
No penelty for Hamilton, and Vettles penalty has been dropped
[Reply]
AlexJ 18:22 5th October 2007
That seems fair. Vettel was definately not totally at fault for the incident, so if the others are let off due to the circumstances, then it's right he should too. Ridiculous it came from amateur footage though, Bernie really needs to take Japan, Brazil and Monaco coverage in-house like every other race. There were simply not enough cameras covering the track last weekend.
[Reply]
Bloodwych 18:52 5th October 2007
The verdict is fair, but I bet Webber is still angry that he was the only one who really lost out! The most important thing is Hamilton and Vettel have learnt a valuable lesson. In those conditions mistakes will happen and it's not a good idea to invite them with erratic driving! To be honest, many F1 drivers are guilty of playing silly buggers behind the safty car - a rule should be made where they can't brake test each other.

I heard there could be rain in China? Even a typhoon! I'm getting up to watch qualifying at 6.30am, should pretty much decide the race as usual. Bernie should realise that taking F1 to these tracks away from Europe will result in more severe conditions disrupting races. It also disrupts my sleep!
[Reply]
Harrison 20:32 5th October 2007
Yep, that is good news. I saw it this morning on the news. They were still giving Vettel the 10 place grid penalty at the time, so I'm glad they decided to drop that too. No ones fault when the conditions are that bad.

Originally Posted by :
Bernie should realise that taking F1 to these tracks away from Europe will result in more severe conditions disrupting races.
More severe weather conditions equals a more exciting race, and pretty much guarantees crashes! What more could we want! And Bernie knows this only too well as it makes him money as more tune in to watch the carnage!
[Reply]
Bloodwych 20:56 5th October 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
More severe weather conditions equals a more exciting race, and pretty much guarantees crashes! What more could we want! And Bernie knows this only too well as it makes him money as more tune in to watch the carnage!
Good point! But we don't want too many laps behind that safety car or Lewis may fall asleep again and lose the racing line.

Hmmmm there is still the issue of disturbing my sleep. Are you listening Bernie? MY SLEEP. Let's just install that sprinkler system at the European tracks, then everyone is happy.
[Reply]
Harrison 20:59 5th October 2007
That is true, but it has always been like that. I used to get up at whatever time of the night to watch every race live. For most these days I tend to watch the re-run Sunday lunchtime, while trying to avoid all news in the morning!
[Reply]
Bloodwych 21:11 5th October 2007
LOL! That's so funny isn't it? Trying to avoid a result.

You either get people teasing you about it or letting it slip, accidentally jump onto a channel with the latest sport or perhaps suffer from my specialty - forgetting I've got my homepage set to the BBC news and as soon as I open up the browser BAM - one of the main headlines!!!
[Reply]
StuKeith 22:03 5th October 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
That is true, but it has always been like that. I used to get up at whatever time of the night to watch every race live. For most these days I tend to watch the re-run Sunday lunchtime, while trying to avoid all news in the morning!
Sky+ is your friend! I done that last weekend. up at 8ish and striaght on, no worries then. Tend to keep missing the quali, as often it on ITV3 or so, and diff times. but ive S+ that as well.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up