Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Thread: PS3 news and tidbits thread
Teho 21:18 18th December 2008
The way I remember it, while there are only eight scenarios there are many different objectives in each one. And the game randomly picks a few of them for you when you start one. So there are a lot of possible variations on the same scenarios, and you never know exactly how you'll be playing one before it starts. So should last a while before getting repetitive apparently. I've not tried the co-op modes myself yet, only played through the single player.
[Reply]
Sharingan 22:46 18th December 2008
The reason you didn't get any XP from the Competitive matches is probably because you were playing a Custom game. To receive experience towards leveling up your Resistance persona, you need to use the matchmaking option to get into a Ranked match.

The Soldier's Wraith does take some time to spin up, which can be annoying. But once you purchase some of the upgrades, you can shorten the spin-up time, allow for faster reloads etc.
[Reply]
Submeg 10:53 22nd December 2008
So, all in all, how is the single player mode in R2? Not sounding too convinced...
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:29 22nd December 2008
Originally Posted by Submeg:
So, all in all, how is the single player mode in R2? Not sounding too convinced...
It's great, similar to the prequel, they even improved the controls imo, the buttons are slightly differently configured, which is even better.

Now you can also just carry 2 weapons with you, which is more realistic, but you always have to decide now which weapon to take along.

It's a game you shouldn't miss, of course if you liked the prequel, otherwise forget about it. As I already mentioned several times, the only thing that I missed were vehicles, otherwise it's pure fun.
[Reply]
Submeg 04:11 23rd December 2008
Oh ok then. Yea I enjoyed the first one, was good stuff
[Reply]
Submeg 22:24 27th December 2008
Ok, I just finished off the levels in LBP. Haven't collected all the items, but have completed the levels! Was very good, and once I have all the items will make my own levels!

Also playing R2, have to say, very nice also. I'm liking this, maybe I will just get back into gaming? Maybe indeed....
[Reply]
Submeg 04:45 30th December 2008
Question: For people playing LBP, what are ur favourite custom levels??
[Reply]
Sharingan 18:22 30th December 2008
Haven't played LBP for a while, so I don't know any level names by heart, but there are a few stages created by Japanese authors that are pretty damn good. Perhaps not as intricate as the levels by the developers themselves, but very imaginative and original in their own right. One such author is RRR3000 (I think), you could search for that one. He managed to create a side-scrolling arcade shoot'em up (with ships! Like R-Type)

While we're talking of LBP, the newly released Metal Gear Solid costume pack really looks tempting - hilarious stuff. Still, at 5.99 €, quite steep.

Anyway, I picked up a copy of Prince of Persia (PS3 version) while I was in London last weekend. Was on sale at only 25 pounds, which is a steal, considering the currency conversion rate between € and GBP is nearly 1 for 1 these days.
[Reply]
Submeg 20:55 30th December 2008
Hmm, will need to look for something new to play. R2 gets tricky in spots, especially with only being able to have 2 weapons!!
[Reply]
Sharingan 07:32 31st December 2008
Where are you stuck?

Yeah, one annoying thing about R2 is that there are some parts that are very trial-and-error-ish by nature. There's only one or two ways to do certain sections, and if you don't do it exactly that way, you're going to die ... simple as that.

Persevere though ... I found it to be one of the most rewarding FPS I've played so far.

Prince of Persia is quite stunning, by the way. After a shaky start on PS3 development, Ubisoft is really starting to crank out some quality games on the platform.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Up