3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23
Thread: PS3 news and tidbits thread
v85rawdeal 12:50 14th January 2008
It had also occured to me too.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 15:31 14th January 2008
And then this news crept out:-

Originally Posted by :
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has today announced a new PlayStation 3 bundle for UK games buyers.

Retailing at £349.99, the official Sony bundle will include the 40Gb PS3 console as well as offering buyers two first-party games to choose from, including some well received pre-Christmas launches such as SingStar (including microphones), Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Described by industry trade magazine MCV as a 'bargain' offer, the list of games buyers can choose from includes: Resistance: Fall of Man, Genji: Days of the Blade, Formula One, Ridge Racer 7, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Folklore, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, Warhawk (including headset), SingStar (including microphones) and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

The new PlayStation 3 bundle will go on sale in the UK this Friday and will be available, claims Sony, "until further notice".

[Reply]
v85rawdeal 08:24 19th January 2008
And even more interesting, and maybe a thing that will change... apprently LittleBigPlanet involves collecting 'spunk'...

Well, according to GamerTV it does!!! Maybe this is a way to attract female gamers!
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 17:59 20th January 2008
And more news on the Sony front...

Originally Posted by :
Sony plans Xbox Live-beating trophy system

As Sony gears up for the launch of its much-anticipated Home virtual world application, the firm has announced its plans for a gamer achievement system on the PlayStation 3.

Following in the footsteps of Microsoft's Xbox 360, the PlayStation Network (PSN) is to reward players for their successes in-game with trophies and downloadable extras.

However, PSN director Eric Lempel claimed that Sony's system will go further than its rival's.

"We have a lot of features in different stages of development that I think our users will be very excited about," he said in an interview with the Next-Gen website.

"I know that an achievement system is very important to our consumers. With Home, and in addition to Home, we have some very exciting programs planned to recognise our consumers' gaming skills and loyalty in new ways that go well beyond a single score."

Unfortunately no further details were unveiled, but 2008 is seemingly set to be an exciting year for PlayStation 3 owners as the PSN rolls out as a competitor to Xbox Live.

[Reply]
Sharingan 19:33 24th January 2008
Burnout Paradise is out. Anyone planning on picking this one up?

The demo was quite decent, I thought. I heard the Crash Junction subgame was omitted, though, which is a shame. It was great fun in Burnout 3.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:21 24th January 2008
I remember reading about the removal of the Crash Junction game. I think I played that more than any other part of Burnout 3.
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 08:32 25th January 2008
It was pretty much the only good bit of Burnout 3
[Reply]
toomanymikes 17:51 26th January 2008
I just got my dualshock 3 today. Man I missed rumble - but Im still miffed that they removed it just cos they didnt want pay royalties. All in all its far better built than the sixaxis- the plastic feels tougher and is completely opaque rather than the semi transparent sixaxis. its heavier too- must be the rumble magnets.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:20 28th January 2008
Do any existing PS3 games have dualshock support? Or will we need to wait for it to be included in future releases?
[Reply]
toomanymikes 12:38 28th January 2008
All the games I have tried it with so far have it - Warhawk, Resistance FOM, Devil may Cry demo, Turok demo & COD 4.
So far so good!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23
Up