Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15
Thread: PS3 news and tidbits thread
Harrison 15:33 26th October 2007
Some nice news I thought you would all like to know is that something missing from the PS3 is making a return next year...

DUALSHOCK 3

That's right, due to popular demand Sony are going to be adding the rumble feature back into the PS3 gamepads and calling it the Dualshock 3.

Only annoying thing is, they removed it, so all PS2 games played on the PS3 were missing their rumble feature, then Sony remove PS2 game support, but then add the rumble feature back in. How annoying.

It was shown working at the Tokyo Games Show working with GT5 Prologue and MGS4.

Here is some more information:

Originally Posted by :
Tokyo Game Show, the DualShock 3 is a controller for the PlayStation 3 that incorporates the features and design of the SIXAXIS wireless controller with vibration capabilities. It is scheduled for release in Japan on November 11, 2007 at a retail price of JP¥5,500, in both black and "Ceramic White" colours.[3] The controller is expected to debut in North America and Europe in Spring 2008.[4] Hands-on accounts at the 2007 Tokyo Game Show describe the controller as being heavier than the standard Sixaxis controller, and capable of vibration forces comparable to the DualShock 2. According to GameSpot, DualShock 3's "rumble was a touch weak";[5] while various others reported more refined vibration effects than the DualShock 2, particularly with the Metal Gear Solid 4 demonstration.[6] The first release supporting the DualShock 3 was the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue free demo made available in the Japanese PlayStation Store on October 20, 2007.

Rumble patches

A list of rumble patches (downloadable add-ons from the PlayStation Store, to add rumble to software released before September 2007), has been announced by SCEI at the TGS 2007[7]. It is currently unknown if the DualShock 3 will support the rumble function of PlayStation and PlayStation 2 software.

[Reply]
Oz2 16:52 26th October 2007
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
Sounds weird, doesn't it ... patches for console games.
Well apparently we'll have to get used to that idea. Most Games already got Online Game patches, and with the loads of code a blu-ray can hold there should be enough cases of patching games in the future.

I am pretty astonished what the PS3 is capable of, i already stream videos, pictures and my iTunes Library to the PS3 and was able to connect my bluetooth headset HBH-35 i bought years ago for my mobile phone. These weren't exactly things i expected from this console, but it's nice it all works

I can't wait for Assassin's Creed to finally hit the shops. My only concern is where should i buy it? I can't buy it in german stores because they cut some stuff out and like always i guess there will be no blood. I also checked UK stores but the prices are even higher there. So to be on the safe side i could order in the U.S. ... or i could still check stores in France.... i'm so confused.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:10 26th October 2007
I used to use a Canadian store http://www.dvdboxoffice.com a lot for DVD's and PS1 and 2 games. Maybe have a look on there. The only issue is that Sony are now being very strict about export/import of Playstation games so it might be harder than before to import them.
[Reply]
Oz2 18:52 26th October 2007
Then my choice will probably be any UK store. I'll be sure to get all my games in english language and uncut. Or have there been games which were altered in the UK?
[Reply]
Harrison 23:18 26th October 2007
Normally the UK versions have more content if anything. This has especially been true in the past with Japanese PS2 games, where some have later been rereleased in Japan as International versions as the fans there want the extra features, and because they also prefer English spoken games.
[Reply]
Sharingan 15:31 2nd November 2007
So the Pro Evo 2008 demo has appeared on the Euro PSN. Gave it a quick try, but jeebus ... if the full game is anything like the demo, Konami sure do a pretty piss poor job on this 'next-gen' edition.

It plays the same as my copy of Pro Evo 3 on the PS2, it looks like ass, and even though it looks like ass, they couldn't even manage to make it a smooth ass. The chuggy replays and the occasional framedrops during gameplay are downright embarassing. There simply is no excuse for not being able to keep the framerate steady in something as undemanding as a footy game. I mean, it's not like there's a whole lot of polygons being drawn there, nor is the texture work very intricate, nor is there anything extravagant going on ... there's just a flat footy pitch there, and 22 tiny players. How hard can it be?

That said, the trailers for Metal Gear 4 and Uncharted sure do look sexy
[Reply]
Harrison 16:22 2nd November 2007
I've just "obtained" Pro Evo 2008 for the PS2 but haven't tried it yet. The last version ran very smoothly and looked really nice on the PS2, so it is disappointing to hear that the demo for the new PS3 version isn't looking so good or running smoothly. Hopefully this is just a beta version of the game that is still a work in progress. I hope they get it sorted for release as it is definitely the best football game on the market.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 10:38 3rd November 2007
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
It plays the same as my copy of Pro Evo 3 on the PS2, it looks like ass, and even though it looks like ass, they couldn't even manage to make it a smooth ass.
Pro Evo 2008 - The only game with celulite
[Reply]
Harrison 12:23 3rd November 2007
Very good
[Reply]
Sharingan 15:07 8th November 2007
Firmware 2.0 out very soon

The US PSN store will receive a demo of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune in tonight's update, for those interested.

And both Ratchet & Clank and Call of Duty 4 are starting to filter into shops. According to reviews, Infinity Ward (CoD's developers) did an ace job with Call of Duty 4: it's every bit as good as the PC counterpart.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15
Up