Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Thread: PS3 news and tidbits thread
my_lo 12:15 23rd September 2009
Great new for PS3 owners and Star Trek fans: there hasn't been an official confirmation yet but it seems that Cryptic plans to realease Star Trek online for PS3 as well

Here is the link to the info.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 05:58 30th September 2009
Uncharted 2 is at an average score of 98/100 at Metacritic at the moment Looks like it's very good. I have the 1st one, but didn't play it yet, guess now would be the right time
[Reply]
Teho 18:34 30th September 2009
Definitely find time to play the first Uncharted as soon as you can! It is an excellent title. It came out in a time where slagging off all Sony exclusives was in fashion, as mediocre title after mediocre title kept coming out. So people picked at its few flaws and cried for its failure. Except it wasn't one. No, it doesn't actually bring anything new. Yes, it pretty much rips off gameplay ideas from others. But it is all so well put together! Looks great, plays great, tells an excellent adventure story. It is in fact one of the best titles on the system in many people's opinion, I don't think you'll regret giving it a go.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 06:40 30th October 2009
I started Uncharted last Monday and finished it yesterday, I played 2-3 hours a day during 4 days to get through, played it on easy, so I guess I needed about 10 hours (as casual gamer). It was really good, I would rate it a 8.5/10, sometimes the shooting parts annoyed me a bit, as it felt like the same over and over again, I preferred the jumping and climbing parts.

Now I will wait until Uncharted 3 gets released, and then play the 2nd one
[Reply]
Teho 09:00 31st October 2009
You know I bought Uncharted 2 on launch and still haven't gotten around to playing it? Problem was Brütal Legend was released at the same time and I got that the day before. And I've been playing Mass Effect on the PC the last couple of weeks as well. And yesterday I got Borderlands for it. So much to do, so little time.

In other news, I got an e-mail with a redeem code for the God of War 3 demo yesterday!

...still downloading though.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:54 1st November 2009
Mass Effect is a brilliant game, that is true. And there is a DLC expansion for it now too, making it even bigger!

And now Mass Effect 2 is on the way next year. So even more to play!

I'm not sure what I think of Borderlands yet. The graphical style isn't one I really like and it is really a shooter more than an RPG, with the leveling up and upgrading being centres on the weapons more than the characters.

Is Brutal legend good. I've not seen any trailers of the game yet.
[Reply]
Submeg 07:51 23rd November 2009
ALRIGHT! Finally pumped some blood into the PS3 over the past few months! The games that I have finished are...

- Assassin's Creed
- LittleBigPlanet
- Resistance: Fall Of Man
- Resistance 2
- Mirror's Edge
- Fifa Street 3
- Call Of Duty 3
- Grand Theft Auto 4
- inFamous

I am now looking at getting a stack of new games for PS2 and PS3! I have been playing Bully on the PS2....here's my list of PS3 games that I'm looking at:

- Assassin’s Creed II
- Bionic Commando Rearmed
- Burnout Paradise
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Colin McRae: Dirt 2
- Dead Space
- Dragon Age: Origins
- Demon’s Souls
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion – Game Of The Year Edition
- Echochrome
- Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Frogger Returns
- Grand Turismo 5
- God Of War III
- Golden Axe: Beast Rider
- Just Cause 2
- Katamari Forever
- Lego Batman
- Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
- Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues
- LocoRoco Cocoreccho
- Metal Gear Solid Rising
- Metal Gear Online
- MAG
- Megaman 9
- Mushroom Wars
- NHL 2K10
- NASCAR 09
- Nucleus
- Paintball 2009
- Prototype
- PAIN
- PixelJunk Monsters
- Prince Of Persia Classic
- Red Faction: Guerilla
- Soulcalibur IV
- Trine

What do you think of those/what should I add/avoid?
[Reply]
Sharingan 18:37 24th November 2009
From that list I'd definitely recommend (I've left out the games that are yet to be released):

- Assassin’s Creed II
- Burnout Paradise
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Colin McRae: Dirt 2
- Dead Space
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion – Game Of The Year Edition
- Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
- LocoRoco Cocoreccho
- Mushroom Wars
- Soulcalibur IV
- Trine

Assassin's Creed 2 I'm playing myself right now. It is a definite improvement over the first installment, and should keep you engrossed for a while.

Of special note is Trine, an oldschool-ish platform game that's reminiscent of The Lost Vikings. The graphics truely are spectacular. I'd say it's definitely worth the 20 bucks.

If you're into PSN games, I would also recommend Critter Crunch and Cuboid - simple but addictive puzzle games. At 6 bucks and 8 bucks respectively, you really can't go wrong.

Of the games that are to be released, these are probably safe bets:

- Demon’s Souls
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Grand Turismo 5
- God Of War III
- Metal Gear Solid Rising
- Metal Gear Online
- MAG

I'd definitely avoid Golden Axe, unless that's really your kind of thing!
[Reply]
Harrison 01:58 25th November 2009
Trine is indeed a great platform game. Right back to old sckool side scrolling platform adventures, but with some amazing graphics and cool gameplay using 3 characters you can switch between at any time. I've been playing it on the PC with a 360 gamepad and have been really enjoying it.

Sharingan's selection from your list I would also go with. I've played most of the ones currently out and they are all great fun.

Avoid getting Dragon Age: origins on the PS3. If you can get it on PC instead as the combat system is much better and makes the game much more playable and easier to control.

Red Faction: Guerilla is a great game. Again I've been playing it on the PC and it has an interesting story, unqiue gameplay taking the distruction of everything in the environment to a new level, and the graphics look amazing to boot.

Maybe avoid Prototype. I got bored of that very fast. To begin with it is great being able to run around and do practically anything you like, treating the city like a sand box to play in, but it soon gets very boring because other than gaining more and more attack skills everything starts to feel very much the same, and it isn't the longest game either.

Burnout Paradise is great fun. Being able to drive around a huge city at break neck speeds doing whatever you like, and the races are fun. Although it isn't the best in the Burnout series in my view. I would also recommend you take a look at Need for Speed: Shift as an alternative as I think that is better, and has amazing visuals and car handling.

The Lego games are great fun, although I didn't find either of the Indy ones as good as the Lego Star Wars games, so get those instead if you haven't played them.

Fallout 3 is a much have. If you like FPS and RPGs, but are not a huge fan of the original Fallout games then you will really enjoy it. In contrast, if you are a fan of the older Fallout games it might be very disappointing.

Dirt 2 is a must have game. Best in the Colin McRae series to date.

Dead Space is again a must have game. Great gameplay with some brilliant set pieces and good dark space horror. The combat takes some getting used to, and is quite unique, but worth it. Being able to cut off alien limbs to weaken them never gets old. Think of it like Event Horizon meets Alien. And the sequel is due out soon as best play the original quickly.

CoD: MW2 is also really worth getting. However be warned that if you have an older PS3 (not a slim) then many people have been having overheating issues with their PS3s due to the game really pushing the system.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 05:05 25th November 2009
Originally Posted by Harrison:
CoD: MW2 is also really worth getting. However be warned that if you have an older PS3 (not a slim) then many people have been having overheating issues with their PS3s due to the game really pushing the system.
Really? Didn't know that, and I own it for the "old" PS3. Didn't play it yet though.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Up