Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30
Thread: PS3 news and tidbits thread
Sharingan 15:26 17th September 2008
White Knight Chronicles has gotten a Japanese release date: 12/25/2008 (according to Famitsu).
[Reply]
Sharingan 14:56 19th September 2008
Some new screenshots for White Knight Chronicles:

Looking funtastic!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:30 23rd September 2008
A lot of videos are already available for White Knight Chronicles at YouTube.
[Reply]
Sharingan 18:57 5th October 2008
Some new screenies of Resistance 2. This game is turning out really well, definitely a huge step up from the original.

[Reply]
v85rawdeal 18:51 9th October 2008
Goddamn, that is pant-wettingly good!!!!

And its not all brown!
[Reply]
Sharingan 17:28 10th October 2008
Valkyria Chronicles = sweet. First day purchase for me, when it comes out.
[Reply]
Sharingan 21:22 4th November 2008
LittleBigPlanet is mine

First impression is that it's brilliant. From the first screen on, you already know that you're experiencing something special. Can't wait to try out the online community aspect - the possibilities seem endless.
[Reply]
Sharingan 15:30 25th November 2008
Apparently, Trophies are to become mandatory for games developers from 2009 onwards.

A good inititiative, IMO. It really doesn't take that much effort to add trophy support, and for some people they add a lot of replayability to a game.

On another note, I really like Mirror's Edge. It's very polished, and definitely unique in the gameplay department. It IS a frustrating game, though, so people with high blood pressure (or little patience) probably should steer clear. Lots of tricky areas require quite a bit of trial-and-error, so expect to die a LOT. This somewhat breaks up the flow (which is what the game actually is about), but I think they intentionally made it this way, because it really isn't a very long game. The trophies will give it some replay value, though.

I also got Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm. The animation in this game is simply unreal.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 05:54 26th November 2008
I still didn't get my copy of Mirror's Edge, I think I'm never gonna do an order at Play again, this is not the first time I wait for over 2-3 weeks for a game to arrive, don't know what they're doing.

I found an online shop in Canada called AxelMusic, and they have very low prices and also very low shipping costs. And they also have region free games for the 360 and region free BluRay's. I ordered Resistance 2 yesterday, will have see if they ship it faster than Play.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:17 26th November 2008
With the low value of the US and Canadian Dollar at the moment you should be able to grab some bargains.

Are there any differences between the US High Definition standards and those in Europe? I remember reading something a long time ago but don't know if that is still the case.

Also is online content region related on game discs? With PC games for example some games purchased in Europe are coded to connect to the European servers for a game or other content, whereas a US or Jap version will be coded to connect to their region's network. Not sure if the same is true of PS3 and 360 games. Anyone know?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30
Up