Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22
Thread: PS3 news and tidbits thread
Harrison 22:31 20th December 2007
Would be quite fun to try and use the voice changer to sound like your favourite retro games characters.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 17:38 10th January 2008
Little Big Planet looks set to turn some serious heads...

Click here for the video.

All those 360 owning Viva Pinata fans (all two of them!) are gonna be making the big jump to the PS3...

And in other news...

Originally Posted by :
The recently announced guest appearances of Darth Vader and Yoda in Soulcalibur IV come with a catch—each release will feature a console exclusive Star Wars character, with Darth Vader playable only in the PlayStation 3 version, Yoda playable only in the Xbox 360 version. Yes, you'll be able to enjoy pitting light saber against sword, but you may not be able to actually have a Yoda versus Darth battle unless Namco Bandai and LucasArts decide to make them available via downloadable content.
What we need to do is pester them with emails and more emails! But at least they should be a lot of fun to play.

Cue slightly Jewish accent: "I see your schwartz is as big as mine."
[Reply]
Sharingan 15:40 11th January 2008
I'm really hyped up for Little Big Planet. Looks like it's going to be a real fun game. It's just a shame that it'll probably sell like shit, because the average 18-30 gamer would much rather shoot things in first person rather than play something innovative and original.

And Darth Vader is obviously a much cooler character than Yoda.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:43 11th January 2008
Frank Oz vs James Earle Jones? JEJ has the weight advantage but FO has the Miss Piggy karate chop so FO every time.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 15:55 11th January 2008
I prefer "Dark Lord of the Sith" vs. "Kermit's dad"
[Reply]
Sharingan 18:42 11th January 2008
Some Resistance 2 scans:

Pictures are a bit small, but the game's looking good for how early in development it currently is!
[Reply]
Harrison 01:12 12th January 2008
Those Resistance 2 shots do look good.

And this is really annoying because if a different Star Wars character is featured in the PS3 and 360 versions of SoulCalibur IV then it means I'm going to have to eventually buy both consoles as I will need both for my Star Wars collections! How annoying!
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 17:33 12th January 2008
More news on Resistance 2:

Originally Posted by :
Resistance 2 revealed

Game Informer confirms top-rated PS3 launch game will become franchise for Sony's rising console.

By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot Posted Jan 11, 2008 11:31 pm GMT

As is the case with most batches of platform-launch games, critics weren't especially kind to the titles that debuted alongside the PlayStation 3. According to Metacritic, the most consistently well-reviewed launch title for the platform was Resistance: Fall of Man. Developed by Ratchet & Clank creators Insomniac Games, the title blended science fiction and Harry Turtledove-esque alternate history, portraying an alien invasion of England in the 1950s--after World War II didn't happen.
According to industry-research group NPD Funworld, Resistance was a solid seller, moving nearly 791,000 copies domestically as of November 2007. Little wonder, then, that as rumored, the acclaimed game is getting sequel treatment. The February edition of Game Informer reveals that yes, Insomniac is hard at work on a sequel, tentatively titled Resistance 2.
According to the magazine, Resistance 2 will support two campaigns, multiplayer battles of up to 60 people, and eight-person online co-op play. Unconfirmed reports say the game will support three character classes--including a heavy weapons, special operations, and the all-important medic. It will also incorporate vehicles, including the alien-built Stalker, which will have cloaking abilities.
Plus found this (could be a mock-up, but it looks good anyway)

[Reply]
v85rawdeal 09:54 14th January 2008
And now we have this gem of news too.

Originally Posted by :
Latest Windows PC games on PS3 now somehow feasible

Monday 14th January 2008, 09:09:33 AM, written by Farid

Playing the latest DX10 Windows games on PlayStation 3 is now a reality with StreamMyGame. Obviously, there is a catch accompanying this claim.

Announced today, the name of the product makes its nature clear, StreamMyGame is a server/client technology that allows you to stream the video output from a Windows PC game into a Linux client running on a PlayStation 3 or a PC. To PS3/PSP combo owners, this technology should be reminiscent of the PSP remote play functionality the PlayStation 3 offers for some content, such as PlayStation games.

The product comes in the form of a server running on your Windows (XP/Vista) machine and a Linux client running on your PlayStation 3, or any other machine running an adequate Linux distribution. It exists in three different versions, the basic version is free but it is stuck streaming 640x480 video output to the client. To enjoy the HD resolution of 1280x720, StreamMyGame users will have to subscribe a membership for at least a year and for the psychological friendly price of $9.99 USD (€6.72/£5.09) for the “premium” service and $19.99 USD (€13.44/£10.19) for the “unlimited” service. This latter is hardly unlimited since you cannot stream a flux higher than 1280x720.

Unlike the PS3/PSP remote play functionality StreamMyGame does not allow for remote play over the internet yet. We are promised that this feature should be made available into StreamMyGame as early as March 2008.

In fact, the company goes as far as expecting to see game publishers using StreamMyGame to establish Pay-for-Play online services. That would not be a novel idea, but it could be one of the first implementation of the concept. Evidently, it is worth noting that such a remote Pay-for-Play game streaming service would not make a lot of sense any time soon given that such a service would require an incredibly costly server setup, with a dedicated high-end box required for every users. Let us not even mention the heavy latency issues that would come with it, at least on current broadband infrastructure. On the other hand, this product might rapidly find customers on mobile platforms seeing that the server requirements would be much more modest and thus much more economically viable.
  • Registration form and complete information about the software pricing can be found here.
  • Demonstration videos showing Crysis being played on a client running on the PlayStation 3 and a Linux PC are available here.

[Reply]
toomanymikes 12:38 14th January 2008
I wonder if you can stream an amiga emulator from your pc to ps3... now thats got me thinking!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22
Up