Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
6 7 8 9 10 11
Thread: Amiga Photographs
Tiago 08:46 12th November 2010
Must keep it nice and clean...or my girlfriend will kill me... :-)
[Reply]
Harrison 11:18 12th November 2010
Not even married and she already has you under her control!
[Reply]
Tiago 12:26 12th November 2010
aaaaaah, well, aaaah, yes, she... a.... a bit.....
[Reply]
StuKeith 17:37 1st December 2010
must take some nice pics of my 1200 now and post!
[Reply]
Puni/Void 19:42 15th December 2010
That would be excellent. Looking forward to see a picture of your machine, Stukeith!
[Reply]
jag 09:43 9th October 2011
I can't believe you guys who have Amigas but don't actually use them! Maybe I would be the same, but I am suffering from some serious nostalgia here, at the minute. If I recall correctly, we had an A600 with an external disc drive so you could put in two discs at the same time - does that sound about right? Also a joystick, so that you could get really well mashed into the wall playing Lotus or run full pelt into the bombs on the various shoot-em-ups.......

;-) Jag
[Reply]
Puni/Void 18:26 9th October 2011
Hi there Jag,

I'm still using the Amiga several times a week. Even got a new table for it not long ago. Here's a picture of my current setup:

Here's the specifications:

Escom Amiga 1200
Apollo 68030/40MHz with 32MB of RAM
Toshiba 40GB 2.5" HD
PCMCIA CF-adapter
Micromys Mouse Adapter
Competition Pro Joystick
Old-school Goldstar 14" colour-TV

On top of the machine, you can see a PCMCIA W-LAN card, which makes it possible to surf the Internet on the Amiga. Great for FTP's, Aminet and simple errands.

Harrison will probably comment on how tidy the desk is.. well it actually is. The Amiga zone is sacred and littering is not looked kindly upon.

An Amiga 600 with an external disk drive sound right. Was great being able to have two disks inserted when playing games, as one didn't have to swap disks as often. A lot of new hardware for the Amiga 600 has been released recently by the way.. we're talking turbo-cards (better CPU, more mem), scandoubler/flickerfixer and so on.
[Reply]
jag 16:09 10th October 2011
Me not jealous much, of course (hem, hem). Yes, very impressed with the neatness of your work area. Do the dreaded Guru Meditations still occur? Used to have that with games not loading or crashing horribly halfway through some really tense bit. It would tell you to click the left mouse button, but sometimes you would get a repeat offender and just have to leave it for a while (a bit like having a row with the other half and having to go off for a walk to calm down for a short time.....)

;-)
[Reply]
Harrison 19:49 10th October 2011
Oh yes, still the old Guru messages. All great fun.

But, these days you can install pretty much all Amiga games onto an internal HDD using a clever program called WHDLoad, and that removed such issues most of the time, plus games load near instantly with no floppy disks needed.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 06:09 11th October 2011
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Oh yes, still the old Guru messages. All great fun.

But, these days you can install pretty much all Amiga games onto an internal HDD using a clever program called WHDLoad, and that removed such issues most of the time, plus games load near instantly with no floppy disks needed.
WHDLoad rulez! Not having to rely on floppies for gaming on the Amiga is a blessing.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
6 7 8 9 10 11
Up