Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Whdload in Amiga 1200 help
Harrison 12:18 2nd October 2007
WHDLoad is the main application that sits on the system and allows non-HD installable games to work. You don't need to actually run the WHDLoad program itself. Once installed you then need to run the WHDLoad installers for the games you wish to install to your HD. These will use the copy of WHDLoad you now have installed.

And once you have installed a game it will normally have an icon to launch the game, found in the drawer/folder you installed the game in.
[Reply]
Tiago 13:00 2nd October 2007
hummmmmm, i see, ok, so i have to try it then,
i will get some games for whdload.

Where can i find games for whdload? Do i still need the adf?
in www.whdload.com the install games available are the game itself or the slave file?

Sorry my english, i could not undestand right, the slave is a program that links the game files to whdload? But what game files, are we using adf or whdload uses other files?

So to install game XPTO do i need the XPTO.adf and the XPTO slave file?
[Reply]
Harrison 13:09 2nd October 2007
For each game you wish to install, go to www.whdload.de and download the installer lha archive for that game. Extract the lha archive onto your HD where you want the game installed. Inside the extracted files should be an installer with a Workbench icon. Run this and it will ask you to insert the original game disks for the game and it will install the game to the HD for you.

Regarding ADFs. Most that are cracked games will not work with WHDLoad. You normally need original game disks for it to allow you to install the games. You could instead download a WHDLoad gamepack with already has the games setup ready to run.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up