Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Connecting laptop to the TV
Demon Cleaner 17:20 24th September 2007
Originally Posted by :
Btw, would it be possible to connect the laptop to the DVD or VCR (if it has an s-video port), so that the picture will go through one of these instead of directly to the TV? Is this a possibility for making it work?
That would make it even worse. Every "break" between your connection costs quality, as is doing your adaptor. An immediate connection is always the best. And if you get a b/w signal through the cable, it won't make it better connecting it through another source. Perhaps your adaptor is the bogey.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 17:28 24th September 2007
Thanks for the input, Demon. Guess I won't be trying that then, if the quality gets reduced.

Seems like I should try a bit more, and if it doesn't get any better, buy a new cable (and adapter) on Wednesday. It doesn't cost much and I can always return it if turns out not work properly. Thanks again for the help guys.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:06 24th September 2007
Perhaps go to a pro shop and ask the seller what the problem could be, will avoid you to buy a new cable & adaptor, and still not working.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 14:42 25th September 2007
I went to a shop today after work, and I invested in a new cable. I tried it right away when I got home, and it worked, so now I have a clear image along with colours. Thanks for all the help guys!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:46 25th September 2007
Glad to hear that a new cable worked out fine
[Reply]
Harrison 14:59 25th September 2007
Yeah, great to hear it was only the cable.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up