Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: PS2 best games - please list some good games
Teho 09:59 22nd September 2007
If you like that Dark Alliance game, you may be interested in the other games based on the same engine. There's Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2, which continues the story and is better than the first game in many ways. There's the two games based on Everquest, called Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms. These differ slightly from the Baldur's Gate games in that many of the maps are generated as you play, so the levels are different each playthrough. And they have online capabilities, allowing up to four players cooperating which is pretty interesting. The first one is very bugridden though, so get the second if you're going to try these as it's much more stable.

Then there's The Bard's Tale. A modern take on the classic games, this one really is a must-play especially if your're an RPG fan! The game is a giant piss-take on the entire RPG-genre, having fun with all the common RPG clichés, featuring a selfish protagonist who would watch a village burn and loot it afterwards rather than try saving it. This game will have you in stitches throughout and is one I would definitely recommend.

There's also Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, but I'm only mentioning it because it is also based on the engine originally used for Dark Alliance. This game is really horrible and should be avoided unless you really really have to play everything that is Fallout. You have been warned.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 12:54 22nd September 2007
My personal recommendations are:

Shadow of Memories: Quite possibly one of the very best games to use a time-travel motif, with a beautiful look and a very immersive plot.

Gitaroo Man: About the very best of the rythm games, with the most awesome soundtrack known to man.

Beyond Good and Evil: A Shoot-em-up with a difference (You use a camera).

SSX Tricky: The pinaccle of the snowboarding series, not as clumsy or cluttered as the later games, with a great playability level.

Gregory Horror Show: A game that truly deserves a cult status. Great graphics, and great puzzles.

However, these are only my choices, so I do not expect many people to have a list similar to mine, as I have strange tastes in games.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 23:34 23rd September 2007
Get God of War 1 first, as you will miss something of the story otherwise if you buy the sequel.
[Reply]
toomanymikes 07:32 24th September 2007
Lets see...
Shadow of the Colossus
Okami
Ico - a must have!
SSX Tricky
Silent Hill 2
Devil may cry 1 & 3
Resident Evil 4

You can also play PSX games on it so lets not forget about them cos you can pick them up for a bargain these days:

Raiden 4
Castlevania symphony of the night
Street Fighter alpha
Metal gear solid
Silent Hill
Resident evil 1 & 2
[Reply]
Tiago 07:45 24th September 2007
Ok,
thanks for the tips.
I have a good list now.

[Reply]