Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Soccer and formula 1
J T 16:30 8th October 2007
1 - Chelsea FC.

2 - I just enjoy it for what it is, but the team I feel most strongly for is Ferrari I guess. I very much enjoyed watching Michael Schumacher destroying the whole field for all those seasons.
[Reply]
Tiago 16:46 8th October 2007
Originally Posted by J T:
1 - Chelsea FC.

2 - I just enjoy it for what it is, but the team I feel most strongly for is Ferrari I guess. I very much enjoyed watching Michael Schumacher destroying the whole field for all those seasons.

Ferrari !!!!

Chelsea? You lost Mourinho.... (did you like him?) one day he will be the coatch of Portugal !! He really is arrogante, but he is good, he wins everything there was to win... only the world cup is missing for him ....

Still have the central defender Ricardo Carvalho? He is very good.
[Reply]
J T 18:17 8th October 2007
I liked Mourinho. He came and kicked ass, caused trouble but with a sense of fun and drama. Yes he was an arrogant so-and-so but he backed up his words with winning. Shame to see him go, really, but it was clear that things weren't working out. The Premiership is poorer without characters like him - even if sometimes he did take things a little too far.

What is the general opinion of him back in Portugal?

Carvalho is still here, just back from injury and about time too, the defence looks more solid with him and Terry.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:22 8th October 2007
I think that Chelsea is just so lame with all their potential, they struggle in every game to win. With a team like that (on paper), you should win every game by 2-3 goals. And Mourinho also is an arrogant pig, whatever he achieved. Portugal will never win a world cup anyway, whether with or without him.
[Reply]
J T 18:52 8th October 2007
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
I think that Chelsea is just so lame with all their potential, they struggle in every game to win. With a team like that (on paper), you should win every game by 2-3 goals. And Mourinho also is an arrogant pig, whatever he achieved. Portugal will never win a world cup anyway, whether with or without him.
This is why i like him, he really did polarise opinion and is like a pantomime villain for some. And Chelsea did win 5 trophies under him, that's not to be scoffed at. True they are struggling a bit this year by the high standards they set themselves, but 'should be winning every game by 2 or 3 goals'? Come on.... you do watch football right? The 'strongest team on paper' doesn't always translate to results. Therein lays the beauty.
[Reply]
Tiago 08:00 9th October 2007
@JT - Here in PT the reaction of Mourinho leaving Chelsea was a bit surprise and people now talk about were he is going... Inter Milan ? Real Madrid?

@Demon - sorry demon, but Portugal has so many chances to win the world cup as England, Germany, Italy, or any other country has. We have so many good players as other teams, we just need descipline, thats all.
We have playes playing in the best clubs in the world, so it's just put them playing together, and for that we need a good coutch.
[Reply]
AlexJ 23:03 9th October 2007
I'm not a Chelsea fan, but Jose was great fun and a breath of fresh air compared to the boring Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez etc.

You either loved or hated his arrogance and attitude but I don't think anyone can deny he was obviously passionate about the sport.
[Reply]
Tiago 10:19 10th October 2007
Originally Posted by AlexJ:
I'm not a Chelsea fan, but Jose was great fun and a breath of fresh air compared to the boring Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez etc.

You either loved or hated his arrogance and attitude but I don't think anyone can deny he was obviously passionate about the sport.
That's it !
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up