Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: The Death of Colin McRae
Harrison 12:00 17th September 2007
It was very sad news yesterday, hearing the news that the famous Rally driver Colin McRae, and his 5 year old son Johnny, were both killed in a helicopter crash.

Colin McRae is one of the greatest drivers of our generation and breathed new life into the Rally series, getting a lot more people interested in the sport over the years. He will be greatly missed.

My condolences go to Colin's family. He will be missed but never forgotten.
[Reply]
toomanymikes 12:18 17th September 2007
Without a doubt one of the greatest sportsmen this country has produced, he revitalised Rally with his raw talent the same way Senna had with Formula 1. I will miss him.
[Reply]
J T 12:44 17th September 2007
Yeah man, it's a shame. He had that little difference from others that made him stand out.

We seem to be hearing a lot about helicopters crashing recently.
[Reply]
Submeg 12:48 17th September 2007
Oh what? That is very unexpected He was a legend.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:15 17th September 2007
Prodrive boss Dave Richards was also involved in a helicopter crash yesterday, but luckily both he and his wife walked away uninjured. Very spooky considering Prodrive were Colin McRae's old Rally team!
[Reply]
Tiago 13:20 17th September 2007
Great driver.
I spend many hours playing Colin McRae on computer.
It's a sad moment to motorsport
[Reply]
Sharingan 15:18 17th September 2007
Yeah, I saw the news yesterday, and I was like ... "Huh? Must be a different Colin McRae." Then it turned out to be the man. Really unexpected, I hope the guy and his kid will rest in peace somewhere nice.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 19:39 17th September 2007
Heard it in the news yesterday, very sad indeed. R.I.P.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 09:35 19th September 2007
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
Yeah, I saw the news yesterday, and I was like ... "Huh? Must be a different Colin McRae." Then it turned out to be the man. Really unexpected, I hope the guy and his kid will rest in peace somewhere nice.
He's probably doing laps around the go-cart track with Ayrton, cursing the fact that, for some reason, that Richard Hammond bloke isn't there!!!

He will be missed, in all areas of motorsport.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up