Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Thumbs up from Revolution
Harrison 09:29 17th September 2007
I contacted Revolution Software last week to ask about the legality of hosting their two Amiga games for download on classicamiga, and today I received a confirmation email back from Tony Warriner of Revolution Software saying that it is OK for us to host the two games.

So I will be adding Beneath a Steel Sky and Lure of the Temptress to the site for download today.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 09:44 17th September 2007
That is great news. Perhaps add it to the news, so that people can see it.
[Reply]
Harrison 09:48 17th September 2007
Yep. I will do once the games are available on the main site.

Here is part of the reply from Tony:

"It's great that you are helping keep them alive with your site!"
[Reply]
J T 09:53 17th September 2007
Cool! It's good to see them happy to keep the spirit alive rather than quibbling over rights to games that increasingly few are even aware of.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 10:52 17th September 2007
This is an approach I would love to see some other companies take to retro games, on all systems.
[Reply]
AlexJ 11:17 17th September 2007
Thanks Revolution! Two great games there and a stance that I wish other companies would take.
[Reply]
toomanymikes 12:24 17th September 2007
That is so cool. What a great attitude to have! If I had a company that published Amiga games and someone wanted to host them now then I defo would allow them.
[Reply]
Sharingan 15:23 17th September 2007
Wow, excellent stuff. I never got to complete Lure of the Temptress because one of my game disks was broken. The game would always crash as I proceeded into the castle part. One of the best adventures I'd played on the Amiga.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:51 17th September 2007
Lure of the Temptress was a great game. One of the first to try and use a working day/night system where in game characters would go about their daily lives based on the time of day. The story was also pretty good with a lot of variety. I've not played it myself since I completed it many years ago, but remember enjoying it a lot.
[Reply]
Submeg 13:31 18th September 2007
Cool, that is quite excellent of them!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up