Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Thumbs up from Revolution
Puni/Void 18:25 18th September 2007
That was great news. It was nice to see a developer, with a passion for his game, caring about keeping it alive for the future. There are definitly other companies who could learn from that!
[Reply]
FOL 20:33 18th September 2007
That is great news, i love revolution games, second reason i bought a CD32, Beneath a steel sky talkie version. Great stuff.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:43 18th September 2007
Indeed. One of the few games that was actually enhanced properly to take advantage of the CD media in a good way. Instead of just sticking a badly modeled 3D rendered sequence before the identical A1200 game started, as most did.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 09:47 22nd September 2007
The same goes for the CD32 version of Simon the Sorcerer, as it has integrated speech as well. Although, as you guys mention, there are far too few examples of games that really takes advantage of what the CD32 has to offer. I've tried many games on it lately, and many of them are just simply ports from the floppy version.
[Reply]
StuKeith 21:13 23rd September 2007
How do you do the save games on the CD32?
[Reply]
Puni/Void 06:11 24th September 2007
Some CD32 games has a save game option included, while others relies on the password system. To see the current save games that are available, you'll have to push either the blue or red button while the CD32 is idle (just after you've turned it on). There you'll see a list. These saves can be locked and unlocked. If you unlock them, they will be available for overwriting. If you lock them, changes are big that you can't save any other games, due to limited storage capacity.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:47 24th September 2007
That in my opinion was the worst design flaw of the CD32. Only giving you 1K of save game ram in the system.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 17:09 24th September 2007
I agree, it's very annoying. Had a go at UFO: Enemy Unknown the other day, and I saved the game to continue another day. When I loaded the game again, a lot of the information was gone. This included current research and such stuff, which takes time setting up again. When Commodore first thought of adding this function, they could at least have beefed it up a bit, so that save games would be complete in more complex games.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:12 24th September 2007
I think my idea of either including a floppy drive, or a floppy drive port and allowing developers to use that for save games would have worked much better.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:15 24th September 2007
It should definitely have a floppy port. Imagine playing UFO and not being able to save everything, I would have accused Commodore.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up