Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: New laws by the common man
Buleste 06:54 16th November 2007
How about women are not allowed to nag if you are gaming and not paying attention to them unless they're naked (mum's not included).
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 07:54 16th November 2007
How about People who watch reality TV programmes should be fined

Not really sure how much though. Would be quite good as you end up hearing about them on the news all the time which is annoying. And they can interfere with the regular TV shedules.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 07:58 16th November 2007
Any individual spelling awesome "awsome" should be banned.

This is an anti-flaming post.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 08:03 16th November 2007
On the subject of spelling, how about people who miss the ue of the end of analogue, and the u out of colour, as well as others. I think those people ought to have compulsary english lessons.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 08:07 16th November 2007
I think that the american write color and not colour, same with a lot of words like parlor/parlour or armor/armour. Both are correct. And you can even write analog without ue.
[Reply]
Submeg 08:27 16th November 2007
Originally Posted by Buleste:
How about women are not allowed to nag if you are gaming and not paying attention to them unless they're naked (mum's not included).
Here here!!
[Reply]
Tiago 08:40 16th November 2007
VERY IMPORTANT LAW:

All people must work during the weekend, (Saturday and Sunday)
All people must rest during the week days, (Sunday to Friday).

During the week:
- Monday must be for: doing nothing

- Thursday must be for: Playing Amiga

- Wednesday must be for: Drink beer with friends

- Thursday must be for: same as Monday or Thursday or even Wednesday

- Friday must be for: whatever you want to do, except work
[Reply]
Submeg 11:27 16th November 2007
Interesting law...maybe I should suggest this to my local MP....
[Reply]
Harrison 14:19 16th November 2007
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
On the subject of spelling, how about people who miss the ue of the end of analogue, and the u out of colour, as well as others. I think those people ought to have compulsary english lessons.
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
I think that the american write color and not colour, same with a lot of words like parlor/parlour or armor/armour. Both are correct. And you can even write analog without ue.
Being British this is something that sometimes annoys me, but when you actually investigate the reasons behind the spelling differences between English and American versions of words it is a little more complex.

It is quite hard to believe that only a couple of hundred years ago written language spelling wasn't standardised and scholars such as Webster were trying to create a universal dictionary to standardise the spelling of words. The reasons for differences between the spelling of certain works is down to how the standardisation of words was agreed in each country.

It is also interesting to learn that the -our of English words actually derives from Norman Anglo-French origin, after their occupation of England. And the -or versions were actually the original way words were often spelt prior to this.

You can read lots more about this here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...ng_differences
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up