Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Some of the most expensive hardware you purchased?
Puni/Void 20:37 14th October 2007
Harrison wrote:

Originally Posted by :
That auction seemed like quite a bargain as it included the ram, replaced CPU cooler, graphics card, sound card, OS4 CD and more. I would have bought that had I seen it!

I've been tempted to build a PPC Amiga for some time now, but since hearing about the coldfire project I've been waiting as that is definitely the A1200 tower conversion I would wish to use (if it ever gets finished).
I would have been interested as well, as I've been searching for a new Amiga lately. Sadly, those AmigaOne's are very hard to find, and if you are lucky enough to track one down, they are going to cost a small fortune. Still, being able to use an Amiga with OS4, a decent GPU and a fast CPU would be real fun. Guess I wouldn't resort to the PC all the time if I had such a setup. So all in all, I guess it's worth the money.

My other plan would be either an Amiga 4000 with extras or a towered Amiga 1200 with the Dragon Coldfire. There hasn't been much news about the Dragon though, and I really don't know how long I can manage to wait.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 08:27 15th October 2007
At least the Amiga Ones can run Linux, which can easily run MaxOS(X) in MOL and Windows in other emulators, so you won't be short of systems to run on an A1.

I quite fancy having a DBOX for a tower conversion, but they are very expensive. I'd much rather spend that money on a graphics card for the A1200 or something.

I don't think I'd get a coldfire. It sounds interesting, but mostsoftware is still for 68k/PPC so it would probably be better getting a 68k or a PPC.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up