Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: SQL problems
FOL 20:28 18th September 2007
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
I don't know anything about root user names.

All I know is that the database name is clockwis_phpBB, the username for that database is clockwis_phpBB and that the password is ********. It does restore some of the database before the error appears.
By root user, it means your main account user and pass. Thats why its saying incorrect, i used to get this a couple of times, as i kept forgetting to use my root account name and pass.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 10:39 24th September 2007
Success at last!

I have finally managed to fix all the errors thanks to you lot and the guys at the hosting companies technical support.

The database now seems to work, and I now know to always make sure I have the correct settings when exporting a database.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:11 24th September 2007
Great to hear you finally got everything back and working again. It definitely took some work on your part to get it all to import.

Most important thing. Have you now made another backup from the newly restored database?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 14:54 24th September 2007
Nope, but I will do.

I also should make a complete backup of the server and stick it on a CD. Over the last two years two of my favourite forums got messed up due to server crashes and missing backups and I don't want a site that i am in charge of to be the next.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:57 24th September 2007
Easiest way for you to make a complete backup now that you have access is through the shell. I back mine up by creating a single gzipped file of the whole server and then just download that one file.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up