Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Nightmare Harddrive issues
Harrison 11:21 6th September 2007
And another odd problem I was having. In the event log I was also getting another series of 6 errors when the system booted. These consisted of the following two messages:

Originally Posted by :
Error 32 - SideBySide - Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Error 59 - SideBySide - Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
I did some searching for this and found the solution in the Microsoft Knowledgebase. I'm not sure why but the system needed the Visual C++ 2005 runtime libraries installed. Once I downloaded the latest redistribution package for this and installed it these errors vanished.

Anyone got any ideas why I would need these? Or what is loading as the system boots that needs them?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:30 6th September 2007
I'm sure that during your startup, some applications are already started that need some components of Visual C++ libraries. Don't know what it could be though.

This is what they say at M$:
Originally Posted by :
For libraries that support side-by-side deployment model (CRT, SCL, ATL, MFC, OpenMP) they are installed into the native assembly cache, also called WinSxS folder, on versions of Windows operating system that support side-by-side assemblies.

[Reply]
Harrison 11:40 6th September 2007
What is odd is that I've never had this error before on any of my installs of XP. On the same system with the old install of XP I had exactly the same hardware drivers and applications installed and never got this SideBySide error. Very odd. Maybe something I installed before also installed these libraries without saying and therefore it just worked. Odd though.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up