Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
2 3 4 5 6 7
Thread: A dedicated emulation system
Submeg 21:06 8th February 2007
Oh because he thought it was too expensive. Which I actually agree with him, it was pretty ridiculous, but these days its getting better
[Reply]
AlexJ 21:18 8th February 2007
Originally Posted by Submeg:
Oh because he thought it was too expensive. Which I actually agree with him, it was pretty ridiculous, but these days its getting better
Wow, the UK does actually have an advantage over Aus! BB here has been the same price as dialup with most companies now for several years.
[Reply]
Submeg 21:26 8th February 2007
Yea its all a bit weird down here...they are just crazy when it comes to broadband prices....it seems they think its some "new" technology and that we should have to pay out our ass for it
[Reply]
Harrison 00:02 9th February 2007
I saw a program the other day that followed a telecoms engineer who was considering moving from the UK to Aus. It was quite surprising to see that Australia is still developing their telecoms networks compared to the UK and is quite a way behind. The surprise was mainly because the UK is always considered (by people in the UK) to be behind many other countries itself.

Maybe this is why broadband in Australia is more expensive? There is also the other issue of distance. In the UK most homes are never more than 6KM from the nearest telephone exchange. I doubt that can be said in Australia, especially when you go more towards the outskirts of any large cities or towns.
[Reply]
Submeg 00:10 9th February 2007
Yea its just lame, but many of the problems were originally caused by the fact that they would have to install lines and you needed a certain amount of people wanting it etc....but now they are just being greedy
[Reply]
Toasty667 15:37 2nd May 2007
Well at the risk of cutting my fingers off no. I'm good and using machines and not making them. It would be absolutely fantastic and I'd love it but I dont have the knowledge or space sadly. But yes I'd defo like one.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:20 2nd May 2007
Its not too hard, you just need a massive screen, a few HDs, and a graphics card that will run the older stuff of the PS2. thats about it.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:48 2nd May 2007
Well, building a full MAME cabinet is a bit harder than that, but the whole point of such a project is the fun had building it, and then the great enjoyment you have playing it.

Equally, just building a computer system is great fun, well I think it is anyway.
[Reply]
Submeg 03:11 3rd May 2007
Lol, I was being general Harrison lol
[Reply]
J T 14:05 4th May 2007
Originally Posted by Submeg:
Its not too hard, you just need a massive screen, a few HDs, and a graphics card that will run the older stuff of the PS2. thats about it.
And patience.

Lots of patience.

Bit of helpful advice would also be good, too.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
2 3 4 5 6 7
Up