Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thread: A dedicated emulation system
J T 13:18 7th February 2007
A lot of that 6-thousand+ are clones and regional variants, though.

Still, it is a shed-load of games. I have a fairly recent MAME set and have to say I had a play around, but haven't really gotten into it all that much. Maybe becuase I never actually went to any real arcades (and also don't have a proper game controller for my PC).
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:21 7th February 2007
Originally Posted by :
Maybe becuase I never actually went to any real arcades
Yep, that's the main reason I like MAME that much, I went a lot to the arcades at our local fair, and that was mainly because there wasn't any consoles or computers released those days. We only had a Videopac G7000, nothing compared to the real arcade games.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:05 7th February 2007
The same for me. Although I had home computers, and the home conversions of many arcade games, none of them were ever as good as the Arcade originals and I would visit the arcades regularly to play them and also to play the latest games that were far more advanced than any home system could manage.

I think it must be different for anyone who didn't really visit the arcades as for me it is nostalgia as much as anything else. And also the ability to play the games again without them costing money, allowing me to see further into them.
[Reply]
AlexJ 16:48 7th February 2007
Originally Posted by J T:
A lot of that 6-thousand+ are clones and regional variants, though.
Yeah there's only 3000-odd unique games

I got into computers just as the home computers were starting to get the edge on the arcades, so didn't spend much time there but there's plenty of good MAME games to try.
[Reply]
Submeg 20:59 7th February 2007
I will look into it, once I have a decent computer. Oh and we are getting broadband....FINALLY!
[Reply]
Harrison 22:20 7th February 2007
At last you are getting broadband! How many years have you been waiting? What finally convinced your dad to get it?
[Reply]
Submeg 23:52 7th February 2007
Oh only about three years....dont know, think it might of had something to do with my sis getting a laptop and the fact that I was sitting on it doing reviews and reseraching and playing games in the arcade
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 07:43 8th February 2007
So you're sister is the preferred one in the family. Shame, isn't it? You're the strong gender!!
[Reply]
Submeg 12:00 8th February 2007
No its because things always take longer for me, being the older child. So when things happen for her it happens quicker (ie getting a laptop) so then he thinks "Oh we should get broadband now!" So frustrating!
[Reply]
Harrison 13:25 8th February 2007
What was the excuse before now as to why you couldn't have broadband?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Up