Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Warhawk PS3
toomanymikes 11:44 2nd September 2007
I went ahead and picked up Warhawk this morning. First impressions are good but there are a few niggles that get to me about it:
The system of joing games is flawed - it shows up all games on line whether or not they are full, so you can spend a lot of time trying to get into a game that is already full with players.
If you download it you dont get a manual so you have to find out all the controls etc as you go. Not too good if you getting shot at from all angles but you dont know how to shoot back!
Apart from that its really good. I have only played it for about 15 mins so I will get into it tonight when my gf and child go out to visit her mum. Is it worth the money? Time will tell...
[Reply]
Teho 16:19 2nd September 2007
Yep, as I said the learning curve is mostly about figuring out the controls. You can go into the options screens to see what the controls are, and alter them if you wish. Also I thought it was a good idea to just start a local game where I could mess about and figure out how things worked. But it won't take too long before you've got it all figured out anyway, just expect to mess around a bit the first couple of games and you'll be ok.

And I agree about the games that are always full. The official european servers are almost impossible to get into! There is way too few of them, so there are never any open spots. So if you want to play ranked games, you're better off just going to the american servers instead. That's what I've ended up doing. The filter defaults to only showing servers in your own region, so you need to change that to see them. There seems to be about five times as many of them, and many have plenty of openings so no trouble finding a game to join. And I haven't experienced any latency problems being on the american servers either. The european guys definitely needs to get some more servers up asap as this is just silly.

It's hard to compare this to Resistance, I think. Its online mode is also very good, but is very different in my opinion. In Resistance you fight soldier to soldier, always. There aren't any vehicles in the online mode at all. And while its maps aren't small, Warhawk's are way bigger and much more open, with plenty of vehicles all over. They're both great fun I think, but geared towards different styles.
[Reply]
toomanymikes 20:07 2nd September 2007
Your right - I gave it a good go today and I am impressed. Ill try the american servers later because I have played no rookie ranked games yet. The controls are pretty intuitive after a few games so no complaints there. I just love the tank too - its hard enough to take a few knocks but its also able to scale heights and act like a gun emplacement.
[Reply]
toomanymikes 12:28 3rd September 2007
Just found an online manual for the blu ray disk version of the game:
http://www.us.playstation.com/Warhaw...awk_manual.pdf
This should help!
[Reply]
Harrison 13:18 3rd September 2007
This sounds like a great game and one I will definitely be considering once I own a PS3.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up