Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Which game has the best box art?
FOL 12:44 26th August 2007
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
I have trading collections of his, so I will go through them and scan the game-cover images for you to see some of the uncensored versions
Uncensored, lmfao, let me guess "to much gore"
[Reply]
Harrison 14:16 26th August 2007
I'm imagining the censoring is more nudity related.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 16:16 30th August 2007
Found the following Royo artwork amongst my collection:

Navy Moves

Game Over (Uncensored)

Game Over 2

Army Moves

Definitely a good selection of artwork used for games, imho!

[Reply]
Bloodwych 09:10 1st September 2007
Wasn't the old game box and advert art fantastic? Hand painted by some very talented people, each one had a unique style and feel. So much more interesting than many of todays efforts, which all seem very generic with photoshop/rendered art.

Looking through my old mag collection is almost like taking a trip to an art gallery. Some of the works are just brilliant!

As for my suggestions - Roger Dean did some interesting work in games like Obliterator and of course Shadow of the Beast.

http://www.rogerdean.com/

I wouldn't say these were the best though - it's too hard as there are many great examples, I'll have to have a think. Worst box art would be easier!
[Reply]
Sharingan 09:41 1st September 2007
Originally Posted by Bloodwych:
Worst box art would be easier!

New thread?

Amiga Power, back in the day, actually had an article comparing box art from similar games side-by-side. Some of that shit was hilarious.
[Reply]
J T 16:44 1st September 2007
WE have/had a bad game art thread, it started as a discussion on a similar thread on the WoS boards (no link, sorry).

I liked some of the box art for Ocean games, like Epic and Chase HQ

[Reply]
FOL 17:28 1st September 2007
Epic is a good game. Wasted many a sunday playing ChaseHQ in the arcades.

Anyone got a box art for Killing Cloud, now that was 1 fine game and if i remember had good artwork on the box. Used to go round my dads shop, to play it on the demo amiga's after school (this was before i got 1).
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 19:47 1st September 2007
As requested...

[Reply]
FOL 21:32 1st September 2007
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
As requested...

Thats the 1, if i remember, you played a copper and had to fly around chasing criminals. I loved the web shooter, fun days, fun days.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up